After the resignation of the prime ministers of Ukraine and Iceland, the people’s demand for Pakistan’s prime minister to step down has augmented. We all are well aware that Nawaz Sharif is not in the good books of the majority of Pakistanis; while the Panama leaks has added fuel to fire.
Over time, the social media has become a major platform for common citizens’ opinions and their reach to those in power has become easier. While he was widely demanded to resign, some vented their anger and agony through stern posts yet others adopted a rather lighter and satirical tone. Here are some of the hilarious posts shared by people regarding the Panama leaks.
An anonymous person even puts the PM on Ebay for sale.
Baby baby -- Yes mama Any corruption? -- No mama Offshore companies? -- Ha ha ha ha #PanamaLeaks
— Haroon رشید (@HaroonRsh) 6 Apr 2016
Ch Nisar terms criticism on PM due to #PanamaLeaks as 'Toofan-e-Badtamizi'. Every one, use the word 'please' when u ask for his resignation
— Mansoor Ali Khan (@_Mansoor_Ali) 13 Apr 2016
Breaking: Asif Zardari sees conspiracy behind the absence of his name in the prestigious Panama Papers. Says he feels hurt.
— NadeemFarooqParacha (@NadeemfParacha) 4 Apr 2016
Our prime minster doing all this money stashing and corruption but still allowed to use the name Sharif is blasphemous.
— Shabbir Kazmi (@HaayeShabbir) 4 Apr 2016
- Latest Posts
- Pakistan is known for killing its talent, but this time “Ignorance” is its weapon of choice.
- Ms. Marvel sheds light on the dark moments of India-Pakistan partition
- To stay safe, Pakistan needs to close its doors to refugees
- How you can become Abdul Sattar Edhi and continue his mission
- Hunza Marathon: First international mega event in the northern areas of Pakistan
Subscribe to our Newsletters and be an informed citizen