Since the world trade Center twin tower incident on 11th September 2001, Pakistan has suffered predominantly. Before 2001, Pakistan was a much peaceful and non-violent country but after joining the US “War of Terror” in 2001, it became one of the miserable countries of the world, the terrorist attacks not only put the countless lives to death, but they also destroyed the economy of Pakistan heavily. Although Majority of victims were civilians but terrorist’s main goal was always to knock down Pakistan’s military.According to a survey conducted by a group of International Physicians, in 10 years from 2004 to 2013 above 80,000 people were killed/martyred in Pakistan, in which more than 26,000 were the Pakistani Militants. The Pakistan’s Army has been fighting against terrorism courageously since ages, in past years the terrorist death toll has also raised, but as a result of that almost every year a major attack on military takes place, i.e. PAF Kamra Air Base has been attacked for several times, while the attack on Jinnah International Airport Karachi
is an example of the lionhearted Military of Pakistan. Thousands of Pakistani Militants has embraced martyrdom in fighting against those terrorist attacks, I’ll here list up the deadliest attacks on Pakistan’s military after 9/11.
- General Pervaiz Musharaf was attacked twice by terrorists in December 2003, though General escaped the attacks but 16 people were killed in those attacks.
- On June 10, Terrorist attacked on Lt. General Ahsan by firing directly on a covey carrying General with other corps commanders in Karachi. Corps commanders remain safe in the attack while 11 people were killed as a result of firing.
- On November 8, a suicide bomber exploded himself at Dargai Pakistani Army training base in the Northwest Frontier Province. In which over 20 soldiers were injured while 42 were killed. Later Islamabad declared that this attack took place as the response of the attack by Pakistan’s Army at a madrasah in Bajaur which killed 80 people.
- On September, two suicide bombers attacked on Rawalpindi cantonment’s high security areas which killed 25 people and injured 66.
- On December 10, a bus of PAF which was carrying school going children was attacked by a suicide bomber outside the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex at Kamra which killed 7 people.
(The Kamra Air base was attacked again On January 18, 2008, fortunately there were no casualties reported in this Attack.)
- On February 4, a suicide bomber crashed his bike into a bus which was carrying officials and students of The Army medical college. 27 were wounded while 10 were killed by this attack.
- On 25 February, terrorist martyred Lt. General Mushtaq Baig by attacking on his car near GHQ Rawalpindi. His security guard, driver and five other passengers also died in this attack.
- On May 18, the Army’s Punjab Regimental Center market was attacked in the city of Merdan, which embraced martyrdom to four soldiers and 13 people.
- On 4 March, two suicide bombers exploded at the parking area of the Pakistan Navy War College in Lahore, which killed 8 people while 24 were injured.
- On August 12, a PAF bus was attacked in Peshawar which was carrying personnel from a military base, 13 people were killed in this attack while 11 were wounded.
- On August 21, two suicide bombers blew themselves up outside the gates of Pakistan Ordnance Factories (POF) Wah, 70 people were killed in this attack injuring 67.
Pakistan’s Military has always been a big asset for Pakistan, to find out more about the Attacks on Pakistan’s Military after 2008 don’t forget to go through the Part II.
- Latest Posts
- 27 things I learnt in my 27 Years
- Startups in the country should look up to Darzi Online’s story.
- If startups in the country do not look at youth as a resource, this time bomb will explode
- Pakistan is known for killing its talent, but this time “Ignorance” is its weapon of choice.
- Ms. Marvel sheds light on the dark moments of India-Pakistan partition
Subscribe to our Newsletters and be an informed citizen